The Director of Human Resources is a dynamic role reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The opportunity calls for a proficient HR professional to lead the HR function using independent judgment in planning and carrying out the details of the work. The incumbent will need to take a strategic approach to HR, not only building and maintaining the policies, processes and procedures, but taking the initiative to identify opportunities for growth and development throughout the organization, presenting solutions and change initiatives to leadership.This position requires independence, confidence and ingenuity. This person will be responsible for the overall human resource function, including training and development, organizational development, job evaluation, human resource planning, recruitment, selection and staffing, policies and procedures, compensation and benefits, employee assistance and recognition programs, employee relations, EEO and affirmative action.
A Strategic Leader Who Takes Initiative
The successful candidate will have experience in handling employee relations, recruitment, training/development, and organizational development, and be well versed in addressing culture initiatives to maintain and continue to build a positive/ engaged workforce.This person:
- Plans, directs and coordinates the Human Resources Department staff to ensure the appropriate use of resources in providing services to other departments in accordance with the overall objectives and strategic plan of the Buffalo Medical Group
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
A Team-Oriented Collaborator – Administration
It is extremely important this person conducts their work with a collaborative approach, where the team and organization is kept top of mind with each action and decision made. Supporting the leadership team the incumbent:
- Advises Administration in policy and program matters, assures implementation of Group policies and procedures through supervisors and managers. – Analyzes and recommends changes in organizational systems and policies.
- Provides Administration and staff with a variety of human resources related information and specialized reports, as needed, in order to effectively manage the organization.
- Develops, submits and monitors the Human Resource Department budget.Collects and analyzes data for monthly and annual reports to Administration and the Board of Directors.
- Advises administration and supervisory staff as to the proper interpretation of various human resources and managerial policies, procedures and regulations.
An Effective Communicator
In this role, effective communication is key.The successful candidate must be able to relay important information from leadership to their team and the rest of the organization and vice versa.This role must provide effective communication channels to ensure expectations are clear, employees are recognized for their work, and the status of company performance is well-defined.As an effective communicator this person:
- Prepares and/or reviews and approves human resource related reports and documents. (Group-wide memos, policies, attendance reports, performance reviews, discipline and discharge documentation, etc.)
- Informs employees of Group policies procedures and programs.
- Serves on various Group Committees such as Finance, Operations, etc.
Talent Acquisition, Development, and Management
The Director will need to identify, engage and develop top quality talent while creating systems and structures to ensure success of BMG employees and leadership.In doing so, the Director:
- Develops and maintains human resource reporting systems, employment and selection processes, employee training, orientation and development.
- Develops and presents management development programs, as needed.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to the various department managers/supervisors, physicians and the Human Resource staff.
- Develops and ensures implementation of department specific plans to meet the needs of our patients.
- Develops policies and programs that attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Plans, organizes and conducts employee and management training and development programs.
- In conjunction with QA/Risk Management Director and Facilities Director, coordinates staff safety training.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving conflict, in assisting departmental supervisors and managers.Provides guidance and assistance to supervisors and managers relating to employee corrective action.
Other HR Functions
- Administers Group-wide wage, salary and benefits programs.
- Works closely with Benefits Broker, Pension Administrator.
- Knowledgeable in federal and state employment laws (EEO, FMLA, ADA, ERIA, etc.) and their application.
- Works with legal counsel to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Assists QA/Risk Management Director in investigation and resolution of complaints from patients.
- Ensures each department complies with the Group’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures consistently, throughout the organization.
- Complies with BMG Corporate Compliance Policy and HIPAA regulations.
Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field and a minimum of five years experience in a management position required.
- Masters Degree desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of Human Resources, recent developments/trends, legislation and sources of information is required.
- Experience in budget preparation and management, report and records preparation and planning is required.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, directing and administering departmental activities required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills also required.
- Exceptional professionalism and proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites.