7 Tips To Boost Your Productivity
We all have those days when getting our to-do list done seems just beyond reach. Despite our best intentions, we can fall prey to distractions and interruptions throughout the workday that impact our productivity.
So, what can we do about it? How can we be more productive at work?
Try these tips to help give your productivity a boost:
1. Prioritize tasks and set daily and weekly goals. Recheck and update as needed.
2. Get the tough stuff out of the way first. By taking on your most unpleasant tasks first, it can feel like the rest of your day is a gentle downhill slope rather than an uphill climb.
3. Avoid distractions. Close your office door, if you have one, to reduce the likelihood of pop-in visits. Put on your headphones and listen to music or soothing rainforest sounds so that you can really focus. If possible, turn off your phone and avoid checking emails while working on an important project.
4. Mark your calendar as busy for the time you need to focus on a project. Setting aside blocks of time on your calendar for crucial work helps prevent that time from getting filled with meetings.
5. Understand your most productive time of day and take on your most challenging tasks when you are at your best.
6. Take breaks when you need them. Go for a short walk. Go out to lunch. It’s important to recharge or you’ll have difficulty sustaining your productivity throughout your workday.
7. Avoid multitasking. Focusing on one thing at a time tends to improve productivity, while rapidly switching from one thing to another can hinder productivity.Return to all posts