Why sleep is so important
Sleep is as important to your health as eating, drinking and breathing. Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly. Sleep deprivation can put your health and safety at risk, which is why it’s essential that you prioritize and protect your sleep on a daily basis. To help, we’ve curated articles, tips and advice all about sleep. We hope it helps. It really matters.
- If sleep is essential to effective leadership, why do so many executives fail to sleep enough?
- Sleep researchers are discovering how sleep is vital for learning and memory, and how lack of sleep impacts our health, safety, and longevity.
- We are in the midst of a sleep deprivation crisis, with profound consequences to our health, our job performance, our relationships and our happiness. What we need is nothing short of a sleep revolution: only by renewing our relationship with sleep can we take back control of our lives.
- Sleep deprivation has become a global problem. Can the burgeoning sleep-tech industry provide solutions?
- Maintenance insomnia, or difficulty staying asleep, is distressingly common, impacting our quality of life and cognitive abilities. But these three techniques can help us fall and stay asleep.
Sleep apps & podcasts:
- White Noise Lite
- Relax and Sleep Well
- Sleep with Me – The podcast that puts you to sleep
- Deep Energy Podcast
From your friends at Catapult, we hope you sleep well.Return to all posts